Is this the birthday that you're going to show your dad how much you appreciate everything he has ever done for you? If so, from written words of appreciation to the gift of washing his car, here are some thoughts for you to consider that might help you in your quest:
The Written Word - There's something very special about reading kind words about yourself. Give your dad the gift of words:
- Of course, greetings cards are wonderful and those who create them can verbalize feelings in a very special way. However, your very own sentiment will be greatly appreciated by your father. Write him a letter that includes how much you love him and how much you appreciate all that he has done for you.
- In your letter, be sure to be specific. For example, if he took you on a special campout when you were a little guy, include that in your letter. If you still have the baseball mitt he gave you, tell him that it is one of your prized possessions.
- Even if it's very hard, consider putting your words into poetry form. Even if they're corny or funny, your dad will know that you went the extra mile to do something that is out of your comfort zone.
The Perfect Gift - Just as your own written words make a great statement, a thoughtful gift expresses love, too:
- Think of something hard your father does that you can do in his place. For example, if he spends a lot of time washing his car and trailer, remove that task.
- Give your dad the gift of time and hard work. Take several hours to totally clean and detail his vehicle, not only on the outside, but on the inside, too. And, if he has a truck that pulls a trailer, do the same to the trailer.
- If you live in another town, find a service that does vehicle and trailer washing and detailing and give him a gift card to that service.
- Consider giving your dad a year's worth of vehicle and trailer detailing. That way your birthday gift will be a continuous reminder of your feelings for your dad.
A picture of you with your dad will make the perfect addition to your gift. Choose a frame for the picture, or make a collage of pictures that can be mounted on a large board for his office or his man cave.
Contact a company like Tunnel Xpress Truck Wash for more information and assistance.